Last night (Thursday) saw the finals night for the winter indoor social indoor bowls competition up at the Victoria Bowling Club.
Emerging victorious at the end of the night were the fearsome pairing of Fiona Alexander & Mary-Ann Wilson, who went through every round of the 5-week competition undefeated. Although it looked like their unbeaten run was over when they were 4 shots adrift going in to the second-to-last end against the ultra-competitive combination of Ben & Rudi. A hard-won 3 got the girls to within 1 going into the final end, where they were able to hold on to the two shots needed to win the game, with Ben narrowly missing with his last bowl. A thoroughly entertaining final, played in great spirit.
Thanks go out to:
- Preston’s Master Butchers for providing awesome meat trays for prizes and raffles over the series
- Ross Difford for keeping people fed during the evenings with assorted nibbles
- Jeremy Kydd for assistance on the bar (and subbing in the odd game as required)
- Fiona Alexander for making sure things were set up each night (and for putting up with me)
- …everyone that played…. for making it another enjoyable winter series….we look forward to doing it all over again next year
Negotiations are currently underway with the Johnsonville Bowling Club to have a home-away challenge over two evenings at some stage before the outdoor bowls season kicks off – possibly towards the end of September. I will let people know more once we have sorted things out.
Final results attached below.
Victoria Bowling Club
Club Secretary | Club Treasurer